Precision Door Service
Garage Door Opener Repair in New Orleans
Garage Door Opener Repair that is Convenient For You!
- All Phone Calls Answered By Live Operator 24/7
- Saturday & Sunday Appointments Available At No Extra Charge
- Evening Appointments Available At No Extra Charge
Call Today For Opener Repair or Replacement!
You May Not Need A New Garage Door Opener! Often It Can Be Repaired
Fixing your garage door opener may save you money when compared with the purchase of a new opener. Often, we recommend repair for this reason. Our fully stocked trucks carry a full complement of opener parts, so we are prepared to fix your opener on the first visit.
When we will not repair the opener:
- Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993, making garage door openers safer. If the opener was manufactured prior to this date, it is unlikely your house would ever pass an inspection with it.
- Safety concerns with a brand- If a manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects.
- If there are no safety eyes, the opener does not meet UL 325 compliance.
- There are brands of openers that no longer exist and replacement part are unavailable.
Why Do Garage Door Openers Fail?
Precision performs a Balance Test as recommended by DASMA. The Balance Test is simple and you can do it yourself by watching the short video below.
It is important to determine if your garage door is in balance because if it is not, you will have problems. The door will exert too much weight on the opener and strip the gear or reduce the life of your motor. Doors may be out of balance because the wrong size spring was used or the spring has "stretched" as it nears needing to be replaced.
Call us now and save time and money.
Here at Precision, our technicians are professionally trained to repair ALL major brands including: LiftMaster®, Chamberlain, Genie, Marantec, Sears, Overhead Door, Raynor, Stanley, Craftsman, and more!